Sunday, August 10, 2014

Same ol' Raiders?

What's that old saying?  As much as things change they remain the same.  Are we doomed to supporting, living, breathing, and dieing with a Raiders organization that simply . . . can't change?  We have a new owner, new general manager, new coach, new staff, nearly an entire new starting line up and yet . . . our first game of the pre-season looked like so many others we have seen in the past.

De ja vu.

All over again.

I still have my season tickets.  Four seats in fact.  So don't bother giving me any crap about what kind of Raider fan I am, blah blah blah.  If that's your reaction, get the heck out of here.  I've put my money where my mouth is since 1979, and you can shove it.

I'm a Raider fan.

But I'm not stupid.

I'm eternally hopeful.

This season is no different.  Like every other fan and student of the game, I get that the team needs to jell.  My problem is that I am having a hard time seeing how the team will come together under a coach like Dennis Allen.  I hope to see him become a coach that players love to play for.  The kind of guy they relate to, and he relates to them.  Motivates them.  A guy they just cant help but like.  A guy they give their ALL for!
  • John Madden
  • Jon Grudden
  • Tom Cable
Tom Cable?  You might ask.  Hey!  That guy had the players with him.  Al screwed that up.  Tom wasn't as good without Jackson, but Jackson?  He's with Cincinnati.  A "Thank you!" for taking Carlson Palmer off their hands for an exorbitant fee.  Cable?  Oh yea.  He is with Super Bowl winner Seattle.

Seattle?

Uh.  Yea.

Sheesh.

Times have changed.

Will the Raiders?

Oh man.  I sure hope so.  I'm traveling to the home games from Southern California this year.

I can't help myself.  I love the Raiders.

Come on Raiders!  Just win baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment